Monday, June 27, 2011

Two Friendly



On my way to work, I was thinking of who I should approach to have my portrait to keep.  Should I go out during my break and wait for that person in Emerald or Ruby?

When I was about to reach San Miguel Avenue, two young ladies called my attention.  They told me that my bag was open.  I asked them a favor to help me close my bag and they smiled and closed it.  I said thanks and went on my way to work. 

When I was a few meters away from them, I thought that this was an opportunity to ask for a portrait of a total stranger.  So, I went back, called them and explained what I do in Project Rembrandt. Then I popped the question, “Can I take your picture?”  They were nice people and said yes to my request. 

As I started taking shots, they were trying to pose on their best angles and started smiling.  I was a bit nervous and had a terrible camera shake because it was the first time I took pictures of real strangers. I told them not to smile and just to look normal, for me to appreciate their facial features. After the photo shoot, I thanked them and gave them my blogsite’s address.  I told them that I will try to post their photos tonight so that they can view it immediately.

It was a good way to start the working day.  I may not see these two friendly people again.  But I’m glad that for that brief time they have shared their kindness while I shared my captured moment.  I hope you will like Project Rembrandt!

No comments:

Post a Comment