Saturday, June 25, 2011

Merienda Lady


Just to keep me pumped up, I chose someone who is not a total stranger to me.  Initially, I thought of getting a portrait of Pip, a manager of one of the restaurants in Ruby Road.   But he was not available yesterday and they said he was borrowed in another branch to relieve for someone.

Then, I saw this lady selling packed lunch and merienda.  I was with a friend that time and he suggested asking her instead.  I approached her and tried to make a short conversation.  After that, I asked if I can take her a picture and explained that I am trying to document people I meet and encounter in my daily life.  Without any hesitation, she said yes to my request.   It was 10:30 am then and we agreed to meet again by noon at Ruby Road

By noontime, I went down to see Ann. As I went out of the building, I saw typhoon Falcon gaining its strength.  I looked around and saw people who were having their cigarette breaks; there was no sign of her.  For a while, I thought she wouldn’t show up anymore until somebody called me.  It was Ann; I was relieved and excitedly took pictures.  Her dark brown eyes and hair will make one remember those actors in Boys over Flower, a Korean Teleserye.  Big thanks to Merienda Lady for granting my request and for having the patience to pose despite the wind and the stormy weather.

2 comments:

  1. doms....

    galeng galeng mo na. i wont be surprised if one day you'll be one of the famous photogs in the industry. you have the eye :-)

    mel cruz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for appreciating it Mel! :) I still have a lot to learn about photography.

    Salamat! =)

    ReplyDelete