Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Small Boat of Balicasag Island


 Like his old and small boat, this meek and aged man speaks a lot of how life is in Balicasag island.  Similar to every person in this place, people here make a hard earned living through eco-tourism.  Some of  them sell delicacies, pearls and shell key chains. Others, like this man use their small boats to bring tourist in the snorkeling area.
  
I asked Mr. Claudio how long has he been living in Bohol and said that since he was a little boy.   He uses the rich marine life of this place to acquire his daily bread.   I never asked him if he was a fisherman once but from his skin color and physique, one can easily tell how much he knows the definition of hard labor.

Seeing him reminded me how blessed I am in my life and how the things I experience were not as hard as it was for him.  I never failed to ask for his picture having in mind that this is the only way I can help him and his family to have a constant income through tourist referral.   As I continue Project Rembrandt, I hope to meet more people like him, trying my best to express them through pictures and short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment